Rate per person.
Patagonic Andean Condor
In all the world there is no better place, readily accessible and protected, to view and photograph the largest flying bird, the majestic and famous Andean Condor (Vultur gryphus).
There is nowhere else that is so readily accessible and protected to observe and photograph the world’s largest flying bird, the majestic and famous Andean Condor (Vultur gryphus). In just 60-70 minutes by road from Punta Arenas you can experience the largest condor viewing site in all Chilean Patagonia, which features an average of 40 to 50 condors throughout the year, The site is located on the Olga Teresa estancia (ranch) in the Río Verde district.
The visit to the site involves a short walk of about 500 meters on level ground, to a rock wall that serves as a roosting area for condors. Researchers will show the condors through a powerful telescope and visitors will be provided the use of professional-quality binoculars by the conservation project staff. Meanwhile, a researcher will describe the condor biology and behavior and will use the telescope to point out selected specimens that are identified by name. There will be opportunities for visitors to take “trophy photos” with normal cameras or cell phone cameras.
Monday to Friday
Departure: 03:00 PM. / Return: 07:00 PM.
4 hrs app.
- Shared transfer
- Bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- Entrance ticket
- Snack (Coffe and cookies)
- Unspecified meals
- Unspecified visits
- Tips (Driver, Guide, Estancia staff)
Conditions and important information:
- It is necessary to wear warm clothing, the place is windy, always wear trekking shoes.
- The tour departs with a minimum of 2 passengers
- The transfer will pick you up at your hotel, only if it is located within the city urban area.
- Excursion available all year round.