Catamaran Fiordos del Sur II
All you need for an unforgettable adventure!
You can sail with us on a confortable and modern Catamaran to Magdalena Island. During the navigation you will be able to see amazing views of Punta Arenas, feel the Patagonic wind and live a spectacular experience by visiting the largest Magellanic Penguin Colony in Chile.
It is sometimes possible to watch several species of sea animals such as, Toninas, Dolphins, or even Whales on the way to Magdalena Island. The excursion includes bilingual guide (Spanish/English). Each navigation start at the specified time, but the passengers must be at the Arturo Prat Pier 30 minutes before to check in and receive the boarding pass.
IMPORTANT: All our navigations are subject to weather and safety conditions.
Navigation and communication equipment
- 01 VHF DSC Clase D Estándar Hoirizone Eclupse GX 1300
- 01 RLS ACR RLB-37
- 01 Transpondedor de radar ACR Pathfinder Pro
- 01 MF/HF GMDSS ICOM IC-M802
- 01 Navtex JRC NCR-333
- 01 Equipo Biridiccional ACR SR203
- A.I.S Samyung 50N
- 01 Radar Raymarine C140, incluído GPS, ecosonda y carta electrónica.
- 06 Life rafts for 25 people, pack B
- 140 Life Jacket for adults and children
- 02 Services boats with outboard motor.
- 06 Hand flares.
- 06 Flares with parachutes.
- 06 Smoke bombs.
- 02 Lifebuoys with signs of light and smoke.
- 02 Lifebuoys with rope of 25 mts.
- 04 Lifebuoys with signs of light and rope of 25 mts.
Identification of the boat and main features.
- Ship Type: Catamaran
- Current name: Fiordos del Sur II
- Call Sign: CA 6831
- Operations Base: Punta Arenas, Chile
- Shipyard: Tecnao, Buenos Aires
- Year of shipbuilding: 2013
- Material of shipbuilding: Aluminum
- Length: 24,04 mts.
- Width: 8,50 mts.
- Color: White-Red
- Capacity: 120 seated passengers.
- Crew: 01 Captain, 01 Engineer Officer, 01 Crew Mechanics, 02 Deck Crew.
Book now to Magdalena Island