Paradise of Penguins…
Departures without mínimum of passengers from November 10th.
Daily departures from Arturo Prat Pier, a few steps from Punta Arenas Downtown. Available from October 15th, 2018.
The largest Magellanic Penguin colony in Chile
The Natural Monument “Los Pinguinos” is located in the region of “Magallanes and Antarctica Chilena”, around 35 kms northeast to Punta Arenas.
This place stands out for the protection of species such as, Magellanic Penguin, Dominican Gull, Black-Browed Albatross and Imperial Conmorant. At the southeast of Magdalena Island there is a Sea Lions Colony of one and two hairs.
|VIP Cabin Rate *|
|Children (5 to 12 years old):||$42.500 CLP|
|Tourist Cabin Rates|
|Children (5 to 12 years old):||$37.500 CLP|
Daily departures to Magdalena Island
- Check In Prat pier: 07:00 am.
- Departure from Punta Arenas: 7:30 am.
- Arrival on Island: 9:00 am.
- Departure from Island: 10:00 am.
- Arrival at Prat Pier: 11:30 hrs.
It is possible to arrange transportation for an extra charge in Tourist Cabin or you can book the Vip Cabin with transportation included. The pick up is at 06:45 AM from your hotel to depart towards the pier which is located a few steps from Punta Arenas Downtown.
Once you have checked in at this point, you are ready to board. The boat sets sail at 07:30 AM to the Penguin Colony.
During the one hour navigation, our English speaking guide brings complete information about the tour until we arrive at Magdalena Island, where we disembark and visit the Penguins for about one hour. We return back to our pier at 11:30 AM.
Finally our passengers are brought to their local hotels arriving around 12:00 PM.
- Check In Prat Pier: 1:30 pm.
- Departure from Punta Arenas: 2:00 pm.
- Arrival at Island: 3:30 pm.
- Departure from Island: 4:30 pm.
- Arrival at Prat Pier: 6:00 pm.
It is possible to arrange transportation for an extra charge in Tourist Cabin or you can book the Vip Cabin with transportation included. The pick up is at 1:15 PM from your hotel to depart towards the pier which is located a few steps from Punta Arenas Downtown.
Once you have checked in at this point, you are ready to board. The boat sets sail at 2:00 PM to the Penguin Colony.
During the one hour navigation, our English speaking guide brings complete information about the tour until we arrive at Magdalene Island, where we disembark and visit the Penguins for about one hour. We return back to our pier at 6:00 PM.
Finally our passengers are brought to their local hotels arriving around 6:30 PM.
RESERVATIONS, PAYMENT AND CANCELLATIONS POLICIES.
- Navigation to Magdalena Island opérate from 15-10-2018 to 31-03-2019.
- Departure wihout mínimum of passengers from 10-11-2018 to 28-02-2019.
- Departure PM with mínimum of 20 passengers all season.
- Children rate is not commissionable.
- Passengers must pay the additional rate for the transportation service to go and return to our boarding point. (optional)
- Reservations must be requested by e-mail: email@example.com and are subjetc to prior confirmation.
- In case of not being able to disembark on the island due to weather conditions, the 50% of the payment will be refunded.
- To confirm a chárter (private service) it is necessary to pay 50% in advance (non-refundable) and the rest according to the general payment policies.
- The service is subject to weather conditions. The routes may be altered partially or temporarily due to mechanical, meteorological, and/or operational problems.
- The informed schedules are referential as they may suffer modifications due to weather conditions or other factors.
- The beginning of our season depends exclusively on the arrival of the Penguins to Magdalena Island.
- Children under 12 can not travel alone, they must be accompanied by an adult.
1. GUARANTEE OF RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS TERMS.
- All reservations confirmed at least 7 days before the service date, must be prepaid at the latest 48 hours before the day of navigation; otherwise the reservation will be automatically cancelled.
- All individual reservations (Up to 6 passengers) must be prepaid at the latest 72 hours before the service date.
- All the reservations less than 72 hours before the service date, must be prepaid immediately to be confirmed.
- Reservations that are not paid within these periods can be annulled without prior notice and the deposits that have been paid will not be reimbursed.
- Without prejudice of the previous, Tourism Lago Gray S.A. reserves the right to demand the payment of 100% of the total value of the reservation in advance or when it deems convenient.
- All payments and / or deposits must be informed by email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org with the corresponding details.
2. CANCELLATION AND MODIFICATION POLICIES.
In the event of cancellation or modification after the payment deadline, a penalty will be applied according to:
|Individuals||(1 to 6 passengers)|
|From 0 to 6 days||100%|
|From 7 or more days:||No penalty|
|Groups||(7 or more passengers)|
|From 0 to 14 days:||100%|
|From 15 or more days:||No penalty|
In the case that the navigation is cancelled due to weather conditions, the money will be reimbursed to the company who made the reservation and not to the passenger.
(In the event of bookings that are made directly by clients, the refund will be made directly to the client according to the payment method that has been used.)
- Season: from October 15th, 2018 until March 31st, 2019.
- Duration: 4,30 hours aproximately.
- Warm and waterproof clothing.
- Hat, Gloves, Sunglasses.
- Personal backpack with plastic bag to carry cameras and others.
- Use of Sunscreen.
- It is advisable to wear trekking shoes.
Book now to Magdalena Island